Capcom recently launched a Super Elections promotion as part of their Capcom Town digital attraction, inviting fans to participate in a poll to voice their preferences for sequels, remakes, and more. Here’s a breakdown of the key points:
- Iconic Franchises and Characters: Capcom boasts a vast roster of iconic video game franchises and characters, some of which haven’t seen new entries in decades.
- Super Elections Poll: The poll features questions on favorite Capcom games, characters, desired sequels, remakes, and more. Notably, Darkstalkers leads the list for desired sequels, followed by Okami, Onimusha, and Ace Attorney.
- Poll Results: While Darkstalkers and Toraware No Paruma have yet to sell a million copies, other franchises like Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Mega Man have achieved significant sales success.
- Rival Schools and Remakes: Rival Schools is absent from the sequels category but appears in the remakes question alongside Final Fight. Power Stone and other titles are notably missing.
- Phone Wallpaper Rewards: Completing the polls allows participants to create a phone wallpaper featuring characters from popular Capcom series like Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, and Resident Evil.
- Future Game Speculation: Despite the poll results, there’s no guarantee that the top-voted titles will receive new games soon. Darkstalkers, in particular, hasn’t seen a new release since 2013, despite ongoing fan interest.
- Marvel vs. Capcom: The discussion also touches on the Marvel vs. Capcom series, with speculation about the potential for a new installment. However, given Capcom’s recent release of Street Fighter 6, a new fighting game may still be years away.
Overall, the Super Elections poll offers insight into fan preferences and sparks speculation about the future of Capcom’s beloved franchises. However, only time will tell which titles will receive the green light for new releases.