Cookies made from cake mix are a quick and easy dessert option if you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but yet want something delicious to eat. These cake box cookies, which only require three ingredients, one dish, and 15 minutes to make, are delicious. They’re so simple to create that a beginner baker or a youngster could do it.
The best aspect is that you can mix and match different kinds of cake mix and other ingredients to create an infinite variety of desserts. Cookies prepared from cake mix can be served with a cup of tea or coffee in the evenings. You may have them as a snack, a post-meal dessert, or whenever you’re feeling peckish. It’s a great addition to a kid’s lunchbox.
Ingredients for Cake Mix Cookies
Use a yellow cake mix, but you may use whatever boxed cake mix you choose to create these cookies. Butter pecan, spice cake, carrot cake, chocolate mint, strawberry, red velvet, lemon, confetti, and cherry chips are just a few of the flavors we’ve sampled.
Light-colored, neutral oil can be used. Canola and maize oil work just as well as vegetable oil.
The making of these cookies relies on eggs, so don’t omit them. There is no way to make these cookies egg-free.
In addition to the three basic components, you may experiment with a few extra variations to make these cookies even more unique. Adding sparkles or funfetti is something that I have done, but here are some more ideas that you may experiment with.
How do you make cookies from cake mix?
- Make sure the oven is preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees C).
- Use parchment paper or a baking mat to line a baking sheet. A big bowl should be used to combine the cake mix and oil with an egg.
- Stir in the sprinkles after they’ve been added to the bowl.
- Using a tablespoon, drop batter onto the baking sheet, spacing each round 2 inches apart. Dropping batter onto a baking sheet was easy with my little ice cream scoop.
- Allow 8-10 minutes of baking time. Allow the cookies to cool for five minutes after removing the baking sheet from the oven. Cool the cookies fully on a wire rack after removing them from the baking sheet. For up to a week, store in an airtight container.