The 2024 Reese’s Senior Bowl concluded with an impressive display of talent and determination as the National Team triumphed over the American Team with a score of 16-7. Held at the Hancock Whitney Stadium on the University of South Alabama campus, this annual all-star contest served as a pivotal showcase for over 100 of the top prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft.
Here are five key takeaways from this highly anticipated event:
- Rattler Shines at QB: South Carolina’s Spencer Rattler emerged as a standout performer, showcasing his skills with a well-executed 29-yard touchdown pass to Georgia WR Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint. Rattler’s impressive performance earned him the MVP honors for the game, capping off a week of consistent displays during practice sessions.
- Defensive Backs Impress: The game witnessed stellar defensive plays, notably diving interceptions by Oregon safety Evan Williams and Washington State’s Chau Smith-Wade. Louisville’s Jarvis Brownlee Jr. also made his mark with a crucial interception, highlighting the defensive prowess on display.
- Fiske Leads Defensive Line: Florida State’s Braden Fiske delivered a stellar performance after being traded to the National Team, making impactful tackles and showcasing his tenacity off the ball. Fiske’s contributions stood out as he made key plays throughout the game.
- Undersized Running Backs Excel: Despite their smaller stature, running backs Emani Bailey (TCU) and Cody Schrader (Missouri) displayed resilience and agility on the field. Their ability to power through contact and make significant gains contributed to their teams’ offensive success.
- McCaffrey and Other Standouts: Rice WR Luke McCaffrey demonstrated his versatility with impressive catches and punt returns, showcasing his potential impact in multiple facets of the game. Offensive linemen Tanor Bortolini (Wisconsin) and Christian Haynes (Connecticut) also earned praise for their blocking prowess.
In addition, linebackers Cedric Gray (North Carolina) and Trevin Wallace (Kentucky) stood out for their defensive contributions, while Iowa P Tory Taylor and Stanford K Joshua Karty showcased their skills in special teams.
Overall, the 2024 Reese’s Senior Bowl provided a platform for these talented prospects to showcase their abilities and leave a lasting impression ahead of the NFL Draft.