An Indiana family issued a warning that drinking too much water during the hot summer months can be fatal.
Over the Fourth of July holiday, Ashley Miller, a 35-year-old mother, passed away from water toxicity while outside in the sun.
She adored being on the water, according to Devon Miller, her brother. She went out on Lake Freeman with her husband and two daughters over the holiday weekend.
They spent all of Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday on the boat, according to Devon Miller. “So, that was 64 ounces that she drank in the span of 20 minutes. That’s half a gallon. That’s what you’re supposed to drink in a whole day.”
He claims that on Tuesday, he received the call informing him that something was wrong.
Read More: The Heat is On in The Lincoln Lawyer Season 2, Episode 3: Conflicts Ignite the Screen!
He explained, “My sister Holly called me and she was just a complete wreck.” “She says, ‘Ashley’s in the hospital,'” Her brain is swollen. They are unsure of the cause. It’s not looking good, and they are unsure of what to do to make it go down.
Her relatives had already reported that she appeared dehydrated and was having trouble drinking enough water. She had a headache and felt dizzy.
She reportedly drank four bottles of water in just 20 minutes, according to someone. Devon Miller added, “And I mean, you know, normal water bottle is like 16 ounces.
That evening, Ashley arrived home, but she passed out in her garage. She never felt herself again.
She died from water toxicity, doctors informed her family.
“When they first started talking about water toxicity, it came as a shock to all of us. Her brother added, “And it was like, ‘This is a thing?'”
Water poisoning, according to Indiana University School of Medicine toxicologist Dr. Blake Froberg, happens when someone consumes too much water too rapidly.However, the main issue is that you have too much water and not enough salt in your body, according to Froberg. “There are some things that can make someone more at risk for it,” he said.
According to her family, Ashley Summers saved the lives of five other people by donating her organs.