Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis have jointly responded to allegations made by their ex-nanny at the turbulent end of their relationship.
On October 17, the Daily Mail published an interview with a former employee of the performers who opted not to provide her identity. The nanny said in the article that Wilde, 38, and Sudeikis, 47, broke up their seven-year engagement when Wilde started filming her movie “Don’t Worry Darling” and that the two frequently engaged in heated disputes.
Wilde started dating Harry Styles when he was directing the movie, which debuted in theatres last month. The two have been seeing one other since November 2020.
The false and defamatory claims made against us by the former nanny of our two young children have left us as parents very upset. Sadly, her 18-month campaign of torturing us, as well as our family, close friends, and coworkers, has come to an end. Wilde and Sudeikis issued a joint statement on Monday.
“We will continue to concentrate on raising and safeguarding our children in the honest hope that she will now choose to leave our family alone,” they said in their conclusion.
Even though Wilde and Sudeikis’ romance ended almost two years ago, co-parenting their two children, Otis, 8, and Daisy, 6, has been a hot topic of conversation.
When Wilde made an appearance at CinemaCon in April, she received paperwork about their children. When the documents arrived, the actor and filmmaker were releasing a trailer for “Don’t Worry Darling.” The manila package was marked “personal and confidential,” according to Variety.
In an interview with Variety that was published in August, Wilde talked about the event.
It was my place of employment, she explained. It would be seen as an assault on any other job. It was quite distressing.
The director said, “It’s frightening that there was such a significant security failure.” This needed planning because of the obstacles you had to overcome to enter the room with multiple credentials, as well as the unique COVID exams you had to do days in advance to receive wristbands that were required to enter the event.
After the Las Vegas incident, the sudden interruption dominated news stories and discussions on social media.
“I felt that this unpleasantness took away from the work of so many different individuals and the studio that I was up there representing,” she said to the publication. That sabotage effort was brutal. But I needed to get some work done, and I don’t get easily distracted. However, I must say that I wasn’t entirely taken aback by it. After all, there is a reason why I broke up with that person.
In the interview, Wilde avoided mentioning the name of her ex-fiance.
The prank, according to her, had the greatest impact on her children “because they’ll have to witness that and they shouldn’t ever have to know that occurred,” she claimed.
When she addressed reports that she dumped Sudeikis for Styles last month, she addressed her relationship with him honestly.
“Our relationship was gone long before I met Harry,” she acknowledged to Vanity Fair.
She clarified that their previous union had not ended suddenly.
Unfortunately, Jason and I had a really difficult path, and we ended things formally towards the start of the epidemic, she added.