• Ukroboronprom, Turkish defense electronics group Havelsan, and Saudi Arabian technology venture Taqnia have concluded an agreement to work together on the creation of a maritime patrol and surveillance variant of the Antonov AN-132D aircraft, janes.com reports.
• Ukraine and Turkey plans to work together to build drones, including unmanned combat aerial vehicles, Ukroboronprom reports.
• S&P Global Ratings estimates large principal and interest repayments coming due over 2017-2020 at more than $20 billion, or about 21% of 2017 GDP, Interfax-Ukraine reported.
• Ukraine's production of coal dropped by 22.1% year-on-year, to 2.71 million metric tones in April from 3.48 million metric tones produced in April 2016, the energy and coal industry ministry reported Thursday, citing preliminary data.
• UkrGasVydobuvannya produced 1.239 billion cubic meters of natural gas in April, which is 5.3 million cubic meters higher compared to the planned figures, the company’s press service reports.
• The Infrastructure Ministry is to use Germany's 100 million euro loan to upgrade suburban electric trains for Ukrzaliznytsya, the ministry’s press service says.
• Ukrzaliznytsia funneled almost $49 million into capital investment in January-March 2017, which was 60% up year-over-year, the railroad’s press service says.
• Iceland is willing to establish a visa-free regime with Ukraine, following the EU Schengen model, Andriy Olefirov, Ukraine’s Ambassador to Finland and Iceland, tweeted.
The EU• will spend €10 million to support Ukraine in implementing a comprehensive Public Administration Reform Strategy through 2020, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
• The Affordable Medicines state program will be increased by up to $28.3 million, Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman told 112 Ukraine TV channel.
For comments and news tips, please email UBJ AM editor Vitalii Dubenskyi at email@example.com
The UBJ website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. This note provides information on what cookies are, which cookies The UBJ uses, and how they can be controlled.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so- click on the following link for further information: Cookies statement
- What are cookies?
- Which cookies does The UBJ use?
- How to control cookies
- Full list of cookies used by The UBJ
Read about Cookie Statement
Welcome to the UBJ
The UBJ is a subscription based service specifically designed for senior executives. To use the service, please Register and we will automatically grant you 7 days Free access! Or Subscribe online and get 15% discount immediately (promocode UBJ000555). We hope you will enjoy using the site over this period and come to the conclusion that it is an indispensable intelligence service on all that is happening in what is Europe's new frontier economy.
To subscribe immediately please click the link:
If you have already Registered and you see this window, all you need to do is to Subscribe.
I already have an account Sign in