• Eurovision present for Ukraine? Today, the Council of the European Union is expected to vote to grant Ukraine a visa-free regime. The EU is expected to announce the final decision within a few days, Federica Mogherini said Wednesday at the UN Security Council, Deutsche Welle reports.
• With air traffic to Europe growing, a new Ukrainian airline will be set up soon, possibly this year. It is to compete with the Ukraine International Airlines, Infrastructure Minister Volodymyr Omelian told RBC-Ukraine.
• In 2016, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) invested in Ukraine EUR 581 million. It is 41.7% less than in 2015, according to the EBRD's annual report.
• Ukrgazvydobuvannia intends to raise $76 million in financing from the EBRD and the European Investment Bank to implement a project to increase natural gas production from existing wells, according to the EBRD press service.
• About 200 households have installed private solar power systems with a total capacity of 3.4 MW in the first quarter of 2017, according to the website of the State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving.
• International Monetary Fund representatives will arrive in Ukraine next Tuesday to be presented with a bill on pension reform, Minister of Social Policy Andriy Reva said.
• Valeriya Gontareva, governor of National Bank of Ukraine, appointed her first deputy Yakiv Smoliy as acting head of the central bank, effective today, May 11, Interfax-Ukraine reported.
• Assets of banks operating in Ukraine, excluding the insolvent financial institutions, grew by $367 million to $47.8 billion, according to the the National Bank.
• Inflation this year has been: 0.9% in April;1.8% in March; 1% in February; and 1.1% in January. Rates from the State Statistics Service.
• Ukraine’s film industry is developing well and could reach self-sufficiency in five years if granted state support in the interim, Pylyp Illenko, chairman of Ukraine’s State Film Agency, told a press conference at Ukrinform.
For comments and news tips, please email UBJ AM editor Vitalii Dubenskyi at email@example.com
The UBJ website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. This note provides information on what cookies are, which cookies The UBJ uses, and how they can be controlled.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so- click on the following link for further information: Cookies statement
- What are cookies?
- Which cookies does The UBJ use?
- How to control cookies
- Full list of cookies used by The UBJ
Read about Cookie Statement
Welcome to the UBJ
The UBJ is a subscription based service specifically designed for senior executives. To use the service, please Register and we will automatically grant you 7 days Free access! Or Subscribe online and get 15% discount immediately (promocode UBJ000555). We hope you will enjoy using the site over this period and come to the conclusion that it is an indispensable intelligence service on all that is happening in what is Europe's new frontier economy.
To subscribe immediately please click the link:
If you have already Registered and you see this window, all you need to do is to Subscribe.
I already have an account Sign in