• Grammarly, the proofreading and plagiarism catching software, raised $110 million to develop its platform. Based in San Francisco, the company was founded by Kyiv natives Alex Shevchenko, Max Lytvyn and Dmytro Lider in 2009.
• Victor Yanukovych and his associates stole $40 billion from Ukraine during his presidency, Deputy Prosecutor General Evgeniy Enin stated on Ukrainian Media Network TV.
• Ukraine's international reserves in May reached $17.2 billion. Compared to March, the figure increased by 13.56 percent mainly due to receipts from the International Monetary Fund and other donors to Ukraine. This was reported by the press service of the National Bank of Ukraine.
• New passenger car sales in January-April 2017 grew by 29.6 percent year-over-year, to 23,063 cars, AUTO-Consulting has reported.
• Ukrgazvydobuvannia saw its 2016 net profit soar to $449 million, a 78-fold jump over 2015, Interfax-Ukraine reported.
• Alitalia, Italy’s largest aircraft company, has returned to the Ukrainian market after a two year absence, resuming regular flights from Rome. The first flight operated by Alitalia landed May 2 at Kyiv’s Zhuliany airport.
• Ukrainian Seaports Authorities starts rebuilding this year the hydraulic engineering parts of berths 3 and 4 in Mariupol, reports UkrAgroConsult. The modernization of both berths in Mariupol will provide a depth of 9.75 m.
• Odesa Container Terminal, a subsidiary of Germany's HHLA International GmbH, starts servicing three international shipping companies this month, the company's press service tells Interfax-Ukraine.
• Since the start of this year, United States has been the top buyer of Ukrainian honey, totaling $12.6 million, the Ukrainian Agrarian Policy and Food Ministry reports.
• Exports of wine in January-April 2017 were estimated at $12 million. Wine shipments to Russia totaled $6.3 million, or 52.8% of total exports, Agravery reported, referring to the State Statistics Service of Ukraine.
For comments and news tips, please email UBJ AM editor Vitalii Dubenskyi at firstname.lastname@example.org