• The World Bank has approved a $150 million loan for the Access to Long Term Finance Project that will support Ukraine’s export-oriented small and medium enterprises, Interfax-Ukraine reported.
• The International Finance Corporation intends to provide Nibulon with up to $90 million to replenish its working capital and develop the company, Nibulon's website reported.
• The United States remains committed to a further financial support for Ukraine, Finance Minister Oleksandr Danyliuk said, summing a series of late April meetings in Washington Interfax-Ukraine reported.
• President Petro Poroshenko agrees with Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu to complete Ukraine-Israel FTA talks by late 2017, reported by the press service of the Ukrainian President.
• Ukraine is becoming Turkey's new go-to defense technology partner. Strategic ties between Turkey and Ukraine in defense and military cooperation are flourishing, Al Monitor reports.
• Spar Ukraine, affiliate of the Dutch multinational retail chain, has opened the first grocery store of the SPAR international brand, with an area of 250 square meters, in Rivne, Interfax-Ukraine reported.
• Ukraine tripled imports of natural gas from Slovakia in May compared to April, according to operational data from Ukrtransgaz. Much of this gas comes from Russia, but at lower rates than historically charged Ukraine.
• Ukraine recorded a foreign trade deficit of $1.26 billion in Q1 2017, down 24% year-over-year, according to the National Bank of Ukraine.
• Ukraine reserves the right to review its obligations to the World Trade Organization on customs duties through 2020, the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade said.
• The Prosecutor General's Office is investigating possible embezzlement of more than $150 million by officials and shareholders of Pivdencombank and Terra Bank, the Prosecutor’s press office reported.
For comments and news tips, please email UBJ AM editor Vitalii Dubenskyi at email@example.com
The UBJ website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. This note provides information on what cookies are, which cookies The UBJ uses, and how they can be controlled.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so- click on the following link for further information: Cookies statement
- What are cookies?
- Which cookies does The UBJ use?
- How to control cookies
- Full list of cookies used by The UBJ
Read about Cookie Statement
Welcome to the UBJ
The UBJ is a subscription based service specifically designed for senior executives. To use the service, please Register and we will automatically grant you 7 days Free access! Or Subscribe online and get 15% discount immediately (promocode UBJ000555). We hope you will enjoy using the site over this period and come to the conclusion that it is an indispensable intelligence service on all that is happening in what is Europe's new frontier economy.
To subscribe immediately please click the link:
If you have already Registered and you see this window, all you need to do is to Subscribe.
I already have an account Sign in