• A Turkey-Ukraine free trade will be established by spring 2018, according to Stepan Kubiv, Economic Development and Trade Minister, Ukrinform reported.
• A total of $560 million in aid for Ukraine has been submitted to the U.S. Congress, Ukraine’s embassy in Washington posted on Facebook.
• Fitch Ratings has affirmed unchanged Ukraine's Long-Term Foreign- and Local-Currency Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) at 'B-' with a Stable Outlook. The agency says the continuation of the IMF program is positive for Ukraine's credit profile, "as it supports external financing, underpins confidence and provides reform momentum."
• The Economy Ministry has invited a World Bank mission to Ukraine. Stepan Kubiv, Economic Development and Trade Minister, said: "Last year, the mission did not work in Ukraine and, consequently, the Doing Business 2017 report did not take into account some of our achievements.”
• The index of goods and services production in January-March 2017 slowed to growth of 16%, from 3.1% for Q1 2016. GDP growth accelerated to 2.1- 2.3%, from 0.1%, according the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade.
• Oschadbank has confiscated $1.5 billion from former President Viktor Yanukovych and his entourage, Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko has said, Interfax-Ukraine reported.
• Belavia, the Belarus airline, has doubled its flight frequency on the Minsk-Odesa-Minsk route. Round trip flights will now be twice a day, according to the press service of Odesa airport.
• Antonov is upgrading Cuba’s state airline’s fleet of six An-158 passenger aircraft, Antonov reported. These 99-seat regional jets were first acquired in 2013-2014 by Cubana de Aviacion and serve Cuban and Caribbean destinations.
• In the first quarter of 2017 Ukraine's largest poultry processor MHP exported 49,150 metric tons of poultry, 60% more than during the same period of the last year, globalmeatnews reported.
• Ukraine broke a record in the exports of soybean oil, reported finchannel.com. According to the official statistics, Ukraine exported 23.6 thousand metric tons of soybean oil in March, twice the volume of February.
For comments and news tips, please email UBJ AM editor Vitalii Dubenskyi at email@example.com
The UBJ website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. This note provides information on what cookies are, which cookies The UBJ uses, and how they can be controlled.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so- click on the following link for further information: Cookies statement
- What are cookies?
- Which cookies does The UBJ use?
- How to control cookies
- Full list of cookies used by The UBJ
Read about Cookie Statement
Welcome to the UBJ
The UBJ is a subscription based service specifically designed for senior executives. To use the service, please Register and we will automatically grant you 7 days Free access! Or Subscribe online and get 15% discount immediately (promocode UBJ000555). We hope you will enjoy using the site over this period and come to the conclusion that it is an indispensable intelligence service on all that is happening in what is Europe's new frontier economy.
To subscribe immediately please click the link:
If you have already Registered and you see this window, all you need to do is to Subscribe.
I already have an account Sign in