• Ukrainian Railway’s management has approved a $5 billion modernization strategy through 2021, according to the company’s press release.
• The International Monetary Fund expects Ukraine to launch a market for state-owned and private farm land, Jerome Vacher, IMF Resident Representative in Ukraine, told an international conference of agricultural investors, UNIAN reported.
• Since 2010, the International Finance Corporation (IFC) has invested $900 million in the development of Ukraine’s agricultural sector. It plans to continue to pay special attention to farming, Ukrinform reported.
• Ukraine has entered the Top 5 ranking of the world's largest mustard producers, the Ukrainian Agribusiness Club reported.
• The consolidated net profit of Motor Sich in the first quarter of 2017 amounted to $54.6 million -- 4.8 times higher than for the same period in 2016, the company's quarterly report said.
• State-owned enterprise Boryspil International Airport doubled its net profit in January-March 2017 year-over-year, to $14 million, financial report of the airport said.
• The number of banks with a 'problem' status has reduced from five to three, Deputy Governor of the National Bank Kateryna Rozhkova has told Minfin financial portal.
• Russia's gas monopoly Gazprom has increased its claims in Stockholm Arbitration against Naftogaz from $31.7 billion to $37 billion, according to RIA Novosti.
• In Ukraine, a large-scale campaign to sell state-owned assets should begin this year, Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman told heads of foreign diplomatic missions, Ukrinform reported.
• Ukraine, Slovenia and Norway rank as the most equal nations in the world, according to the Guardian. The study was conducted in 140 countries around the world and included different ranking systems – from wealth distribution to the World Happiness Report.
For comments and news tips, please email UBJ AM editor Vitalii Dubenskyi at firstname.lastname@example.org
The UBJ website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. This note provides information on what cookies are, which cookies The UBJ uses, and how they can be controlled.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so- click on the following link for further information: Cookies statement
- What are cookies?
- Which cookies does The UBJ use?
- How to control cookies
- Full list of cookies used by The UBJ
Read about Cookie Statement
Welcome to the UBJ
The UBJ is a subscription based service specifically designed for senior executives. To use the service, please Register and we will automatically grant you 7 days Free access! Or Subscribe online and get 15% discount immediately (promocode UBJ000555). We hope you will enjoy using the site over this period and come to the conclusion that it is an indispensable intelligence service on all that is happening in what is Europe's new frontier economy.
To subscribe immediately please click the link:
If you have already Registered and you see this window, all you need to do is to Subscribe.
I already have an account Sign in