• Minister of Infrastructure Volodymyr Omelyan hopes to bring two more low-cost airlines to Ukraine this year., he said in an interview with Voice of America. Ryanair starts flights from European cities to Lviv and Kyiv in September.
• Charges for passenger services at Kyiv’s Boryspil International Airport have been reduced 23.5%, the Ministry of Infrastructure reports. Additionally, since June 20, the airport is now able to give discounts to charter flights and new airlines.
• Antonov Airlines plans to supply China with 50 An-178 aircraft following a meeting at the Le Bourget airshow in Paris, according to Ukr.Media.
• Austria-based company Diamond Aircraft Industries has signed an agreement with Zaporozhye’s Motor Sich to start delivery of Ukrainian-built engines for use in aircraft this year, Korrespondent reports.
• Kyiv-based tech start-up Kray Technologies has signed a contract with Agrodon, agreeing to create over 10 drones for irrigating and fertilizating crops, Hromadske reports. Each drone will cost $50,000. Costs are to decrease as mass production begins.
• The Ukrainian government will foot the 38.5 billion hryvnia ($1.5 billion) bill to recapitalize Privatbank after last year’s state takeover, Bloomberg reports. The country has already pumped 100 billion hryvnia into the bank.
• Over 2,000 assets owned by nationalized Privatbank will be sold at auction, according to Povin. Assets include the Carpathian Bukovel Ski Resort and the Dnipro Stadium complex.
• State-owned President Hotel in Kyiv has been listed for privatization five years after a full renovation was completed. The hotel will be sold at auction July 25, Sevodnya reports.
For comments or story tips, please email UBJ AM News Editor Mark Satter at firstname.lastname@example.org
The UBJ website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. This note provides information on what cookies are, which cookies The UBJ uses, and how they can be controlled.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so- click on the following link for further information: Cookies statement
- What are cookies?
- Which cookies does The UBJ use?
- How to control cookies
- Full list of cookies used by The UBJ
Read about Cookie Statement
Welcome to the UBJ
The UBJ is a subscription based service specifically designed for senior executives. To use the service, please Register and we will automatically grant you 7 days Free access! Or Subscribe online and get 15% discount immediately (promocode UBJ000555). We hope you will enjoy using the site over this period and come to the conclusion that it is an indispensable intelligence service on all that is happening in what is Europe's new frontier economy.
To subscribe immediately please click the link:
If you have already Registered and you see this window, all you need to do is to Subscribe.
I already have an account Sign in