• Ukrainian airlines passenger volume jumped by 42.5% during the first five months of this year, compared to the same period last year, Interfax reports. Over 3.4 million passengers were transported between January and May, 2017.
• Energy Minister Ihor Nasalyk announced Monday that Ukraine will stockpile 17 billion cubic meters (bcm) of natural gas to prepare for the winter, 6 billion more bcm than is currently available. Ukraine stopped importing natural gas directly from Russia in 2015.
• Saudia Arabia has partnered with Ukraine to begin production of Antonov 132 light multipurpose aircraft. Plans call for the production of 300 aircraft over the next 10 years for use by Saudi Arabia, Defense News reports.
• French owned Auchan Retail has acquired Ukrainian retailer Karavan, Reuters reports. Auchan operates 11 hypermarkets in five Ukrainian cities and employs 3,600 people. Karavan operates nine hypermarkets and superstores and employs 3,300 people in Ukraine.
• Ukraine has secured a financing package worth up to $100 million from IFC, a subsidiary of the World Bank, for grain trading company Nibulon, according to The Financial. The aid would strengthen agricultural infrastructure and help Nibulon realize its goal of boosting trade volumes by 7 million tons over four years.
• Texas-based oil and gas company Cub Energy Inc. will resume operations in Western Ukraine by the end of this year, following the $1.6 million purchase of a new nitrogen rejection unit.
• The European Union has agreed on agricultural quotas for Ukraine, including reductions on quotas for tomatoes, wheat, and honey, UkrAgroConsult reports. The limits are valid for three years.
• Ukraine’s consumer confidence index has hit its highest point since the post presidential election high ofJuly 2014, according to GfK Ukraine. Growing 3.2 points in May alone, the index now sits at 58 points.
For comments or story tips, please email UBJ AM News Editor Mark Satter at email@example.com
The UBJ website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. This note provides information on what cookies are, which cookies The UBJ uses, and how they can be controlled.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so- click on the following link for further information: Cookies statement
- What are cookies?
- Which cookies does The UBJ use?
- How to control cookies
- Full list of cookies used by The UBJ
Read about Cookie Statement
Welcome to the UBJ
The UBJ is a subscription based service specifically designed for senior executives. To use the service, please Register and we will automatically grant you 7 days Free access! Or Subscribe online and get 15% discount immediately (promocode UBJ000555). We hope you will enjoy using the site over this period and come to the conclusion that it is an indispensable intelligence service on all that is happening in what is Europe's new frontier economy.
To subscribe immediately please click the link:
If you have already Registered and you see this window, all you need to do is to Subscribe.
I already have an account Sign in